Hello members and watchers alike! Over the last couple of weeks, we the mods have made some changes to the functionality of TGB, and this announcement is to bring that information to you! Furthermore, changes that will take some time to execute will be described at the bottom. Enjoy!
1) Memes/asks are now worth individual points! Short memes (less than three images) are worth one point; long memes (more than three images) are worth two. This is in addition to any original art posted within the meme; re-used images will not be recounted.
2) When a pair of cats are having a litter, at least one kitten must be given to one non-member to be played.
The parents will have first priority with their litter; if there are two kittens and each parent wants one, then this rule does not apply. However, if one parent does not want one, then the second kitten must go to a non-member. If there is one kitten in the litter, it is up to the parents who it goes to; a parent, member, or non-member. (Thank you to LeahDragoness
for bringing up the initial problem with this rule, and to Hollyseven
for her suggestion. <3)
3) Members must wait at least one season after introducing a new character before applying for another. This includes kittens.
4) Litters will now have a different means of being decided; depending on the current populations, the odds will tip in favour of small or large litters. Right now, there are many kittens being born; therefore, to any she-cats conceiving, the odds will be that their litter will be small. When the population is dwindling, there will be a higher chance of the litter being large.
5) Relationships are now being regulated with the following rules: both cats must be adults in order to become mates; both cats must be over two years old for them to have kittens; cats must be mates for at least two seasons before having kittens; characters must have been in the group for three months (real time) before taking on a mate/having kittens. Any exceptions to these rules will be rare, but they may be made; ask the mods.
6) A maximum of 5 litters per season will be allowed.
Things that will be updated:
-The blogs will be re-organized: the tutorial will be adjusted so that it is easier to read. A "master journal" will be made with links to all of the other journals that hold vital information about the group's setting, joining process, and other such details.
-The front page will be receiving a makeover! (More on this later)
will now be holding BI-MONTHLY OPENINGS!
Every two months (real time), with the change of the season, TGB will be opened for one week
for applications! At the end of that time, the group will close again and the mods and admins will go over the applications.
Furthermore, we will no longer be opening based on a specific quota; rather than opening a specific number of spots in each tribe, we will be opening all of the tribes for applications to all positions! If there is a heavy need for certain ranks, then we will mention it during that opening. If certain tribes have much more members than another, then it may be closed during that opening. There will not be a set number of applications that will be accepted; acceptance will now be rated exclusively on literacy, creativity, and originality.
At any point during the group's closed time, you may work on your application and prepare it for the bi-monthly opening. As well, you may ask the mods and admins for a review on your application!
Additionally, members no longer need to wait for openings in order to apply. You must first ask the admin team if you may apply for another character, and if you receive permission, then you may do so. Permission is needed from at least five mods, including the leader and deputy of the tribe that you are applying to.
The next opening will be held when the season changes to spring; therefore, in November
! (Presumably the opening date will be the 5th, as most season changes have taken place on that day, but we will announce any changes well before if there are any.)
As of right now, that is everything. All of this is being implemented as of now. In regard to more updates we will be adding, there will be polls to see what you, the members and prospective-members, think! So keep an eye out for those, and give us your opinions ;D
Love y'all <3